* * TKP11 * *
TKP11 Allows students to clock in and out using their cell phone.
TKP11 Does not collect any information about the cell phone (students cell phone is protected).
TKP11 Only works for clocking in and out when students are in their lab. (if they leave the app times out).
There are 4 steps involved to use TKP11:
- Each student must download and install TKP11 from the app store. The install process will ask the student to allow usage of the camera.
The student must allow TKP11 to use the camera as it is required to scan a QR code displayed on the lab computer. Follow the instructions on the phone during the install to do this.
- The student launches the TKP11 app.
- The app requires the student to scan the QR code on the lab computer.
- If the QR code is accepted the student can then clock in or out.
Possible Scan Errors:
- Student phone time is incorrect. Have student turn cell phone Date and Time to 'Set Automatically'
- Lab computer time and date is incorrect (however, the time and date is set using the server) .
- Loss of internet connection will cause the QR Code to be invalid.
Special Note: If a student leaves the lab or tries to take a picture of the QR code (to print and use later) the student will not be able to clock in or out.
Lab Administrator: To allow students to use TKP11 you will need to turn on "Allow Students to clock in/out using their cell phone" in the session data.